Chocolate Truffle Cake
Write a review
For the cake
- 1 ¾ cup – Cake Flour
- ¾ cup – Cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp – Baking Powder
- 1 ½ tsp – Baking Soda
- 1 tsp – Salt
- 1 1/3 cup – Sugar
- ½ cup – Oil
- ½ cup Yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- 1 Tbsp – Apple cider Vinegar
- ½ cup hot water + 1 tsp coffee powder
- 2 tsp – Vanilla Essence
For the sugar syrup
- 2 Tbsp - Sugar
- 1/2 cup - Water
For the Chocolate Truffle
- 500 gm Dark Chocolate
- 250 gm cream
- 1 Tbsp - Butter
For the Cake
- Preheat oven at 180 Degree Celsius. Prepare a 9-inch round baking pan. Grease well and dust with flour. Keep aside.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together. Do it twice to incorporate air in the mixture. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, take sugar and add the oil. Whish properly until the sugar dissolves.
- Now add yogurt and whisk until the texture is smooth.
- Pour milk and apple cider vinegar. Mix well using a whisker.
- Add hot water and coffee mixture along with vanilla essence. Give all the ingredients a good mix.
- Incorporate the dry sifted ingredients to this mixture in 2 batches. Whisk properly to get a creamy and smooth batter. Do not overmix
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 35 mins at 180 Degree Celsius.
- Check by inserting a skewer. Remove the pan from oven and keep aside to cool down for 15 mins.
- Demould on a wire rack and let it cool down further for 30 mins before frosting.
For Sugar Solution
- 1. Take a pan and add ½ cup water
- 2. Add 2 Tbsp of sugar and boil the solution for 2 mins until the sugar is completely dissolved. Keep aside to cool down.
For the chocolate truffle sauce
- 1. Take a pan and warm 250 gm of cream.
- 2. Pour the hot cream (not boiling) on 500 gm of chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips.
- 3. Let it sit for 2 mins. Give a good mix to the solution. Add 1 tbsp of butter to get that shiny glow to the ganache.
Final Assembling of the cake
- 1. Once cooled down, cut the cake from the top to make the surface even and flat.
- 2. Now cut the entire cake into 2 pieces from the middle using a cake serrated knife.
- 3. On the first part, apply sugar solution using a brush. Put a big spoonful of chilled ganache on the top of it. Spread evenly using a palette knife. Grate the solid chocolate to spread chocolate shavings also on it.
- 4. Place the second layer of the cake. Brush it with the sugar solution. Apply a thin layer on the top (crumb coat) using the palette knife. Put the ganache on the sides and spread to cover the uneven spaces too.
- 5. Keep the cake in the fridge for about 10 mins to set the ganache.
- 6. Again, apply a thick coat of the ganache on the top and the sides of the cake. Evenly spread it. Decorate it using fresh strawberries, cherries or just plain chocolate shavings.
- 7. Keep it in the fridge until use.
- 1. Cover the cake with a damp cloth after removing from the oven. This helps in keeping the moisture of the cake.
- 2. Use right tools when frosting example; serrated knife to cut, palette knife to spread the frosting, scraper to remove excess of the frosting, rotating table to evenly spread the ganache. All of these matter a lot.
Adapted from Delicious treatz
Adapted from Delicious treatz
Moods of Mamma https://moodsofmamma.com/